VFX Artist - New IP
Position at Creative Assembly.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a real passion for testing and quality assurance, to join our development team for an exciting new IP, working with Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting IP.
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our team creating effects for an exciting new IP. You will be working on an innovative console title with an experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to develop alongside some of the best creatives in the industry and shape the game.
A good communicator and organiser, they will be an integral part of the team, producing high quality and performant visuals.
As a VFX artist on the team, you will be creating high quality, performant visuals in line with art direction for the project.
You will be working with other project disciplines across the project to construct and maintain an efficient pipeline. You will work collaboratively with production, the project art leads and the wider team, communicating clearly in all directions.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Ability to create, implement world class VFX.
- Excellent visual awareness and artistic ability.
- Experience of working in a professional creative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of:
- Photoshop and After Effects.
- particle system terminology and applications.
- proprietary and off the shelf particle editors.
- Developed understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow.
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends.
- Love of games.
- Knowledge of UE4.
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus.
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise.
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening.
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site.
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library.
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen.
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions.
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy.
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers.
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes.
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
We are Creative Assembly:
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Animator - New IP
Closing 26 December 2019
Store Design Visual Assistant
Closing 19 December 2019
- All Saints
Want more VFX Artist - New IP jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.