At Avast, we strive to give everyone the power to explore our shared digital world freely and safely. Our team is working to help shape the digital world to be a freer, fairer and safer place through the application of science, technology and human ingenuity, and we are looking for people who share our passion to contribute to a better online world. Avast promotes a rich diversity of cultures, debates, and out-of-the-box thinking. Today, Avast is a FTSE 100 company that safeguards more than 435 million people worldwide, protecting their digital data, identity, and privacy.
We’re looking for a Mid-Level User Researcher to join our close-knit UXD team of ten researchers and designers and offer the flexibility of a 100% remote role or based part or full-time at our London or Prague offices. Someone who has trained in a human behaviour field, and is keen to work with other User Researchers in our User Experience & Design team at Avast.
Avast sprang from humble beginnings in the late 80’s with an anti-bureaucratic, punk culture and liked to move fast. We’ve grown a lot since then and admittedly, signs of a big corporate culture have started to creep in. But our new CEO, who began as an engineering intern 20 years ago, is on a mission to rediscover our roots and move to be flexible, purposeful and aligned, with highly autonomous teams delivering great outcomes for our customers.
Our four core values are: Customer Comes First, No BS, Think Big and Give back. We’re on the path to living by these values, delighting our customers, solving big challenges together and ultimately making our people proud to work at Avast!
- In the short term, do you want to use your user research skills and work with us to understand more about our customers’ needs, look to improve all aspects of the user experience, and increase customer retention rates?
- In the medium to long term, do you want to work with us to increase brand loyalty and sales by utilising research insights to support customer centric product development including new initiatives?
The focus on customer centricity means we take proper user research seriously and it’s a phenomenal time to come on board and make a difference. And we mean that. We are results-oriented and have great ambitions for the future!
CCleaner Avast is the world’s most popular optimization tool, with over 2.5 billion downloads across 195 countries. Available on PC, Mac and Android, we’re on a mission to make devices run faster and last longer, while protecting our users’ privacy and security. CCleaner is one of several smaller businesses acquired by Avast in 2017.
We want to surface and understand what our users need from our products by conducting research and performing a wide range of research studies. Working closely with the Senior User Researcher, the UXD team and other cross-functional teams, you will be responsible for helping to define and transform the user experience ‘future’ for Avast customers.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research - both qualitative and quantitative
- Utilise a range of research methodologies on multiple aspects of product development and across a wide range of customer experiences
- Socialise research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations - including to those who have little knowledge of user research and its value
- At least 2-3 years of User Research experience (B2C environment)
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in a human behavior related field
- User Research portfolio (website, pdf etc) demonstrating your approach, process and analysis
- Highly attuned collaborative mindset
- Articulate and open communication style and comfortable writing and speaking (in English) with designers, colleagues in other disciplines and senior partners
- Experience of time management and handling your own workload
CCleaner Avast is a great place to work and our consumer products are seen and used by millions of users and are within the optimisation, privacy and security software space - areas which seem to be of increasing importance to customers and the digital world in general.
The company and the UXD team are focused on creating a high performance, outcome-based culture that respects the work-life balance and discourages over-working. The focus is on the essentials and not to look busy for the sake of it. There is scope for self-development (with half a day per week for training and also a team training budget) and personal growth and support to achieve your career goals.
We offer a modern, team-centric environment that encourages good communication and collaborative decision-making around clear and focused strategic goals, and a culture of safety where it is okay to experiment, to sometimes fail, and to challenge ideas from others. Our goal is to create autonomous, self-organising teams that collaborate their way to success.
- Flexible working hours and home working
- Unlimited Personal Time Off - because each of us needs enough time to relax
- Newcomer's Stock Grants - because we want you to directly benefit from Avast's future growth. We give every new employee (on unlimited contract) Avast's Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) which will become free shares over time
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Attractive pension & health insurance plan
Sounds exciting? We look forward to hearing from you.
Avast does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Avast.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.