About the role:
User research at Hargreaves Lansdown informs our propositions, our services, products, content and design.
Researchers plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams develop a deep understanding of the people that use HL.
As we build on our success user research will become a core part of our multi-disciplinary agile teams putting the user at the centre of everything we do.
As the User Researcher you will understand what problem the squad is trying to solve. You will align user research activities to inform decision making and action.
You will be experienced in using a variety of user research methods to reveal actionable insights.
You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
You will need to be confident in explaining user needs to product owners and senior stakeholders, acting as the ‘voice of user’ both within the team and across HL.
You will have experience with and be comfortable working with agile development teams.
You will be able to introduce user research practices into a team, establish a user centred culture, and continually monitor and improve practices.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Working as a User Researcher you will look to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs, and to continually test and improve the service.
- Fostering a culture of team involvement in user research, team analysis, design rationale and decision making based on user needs.
- Planning, designing, preparing and running user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of HL products (including but not limited to contextual discovery, experience mapping, diary studies, early stage concept and prototype testing, lab based and contextual usability and accessibility testing).
- Managing the usability and accessibility testing process from recruiting and screening participants, designing test tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results.
- Designing, executing and analysing quantitative surveys.
- Effectively communicating user research findings to the team and the wider company, so that we share a strong and empathetic understanding of our users.
- Working closely with product owners, UX & UI designers, content designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions.
- Working with the squads to help define user centred metrics and KPIs.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience and passion for user centred design practices.
- Proven experience of understanding user needs for web content, tools and transactional products, especially those with the most complex user journeys.
- Proven experience of aligning user requirements and ensuring alignment with business outcomes. Evidence of helping to define commercially viable business solutions to meet customer needs.
- Proven experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Strong understanding of strengths and limitations of different research methods..
- Proven experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts.
- Proven experience of working in an agile development teams with designers and developers and product managers to create new digital products and services.
- Have the ability to perform heuristic reviews of existing journeys.
- Self-motivated & can-do attitude with a desire to learn.
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field is an advantage.
- Previous experience working in a changing corporate environment.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (or similar) is an advantage.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the skills below to meet our company values;
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce. As part of your application we would be grateful if you could complete an equal opportunities section. The information will be used solely for diversity monitoring purposes and is not visible to the person reviewing your application form.
Junior Digital Designer
Closing 24 September 2019
- temp to perm
Closing 8 October 2019
- Hargreaves Lansdown
Want more User Researcher jobs?
Want to find more Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.