User Researcher - UX & Design Team
Here at Reach plc, we have big ambitions. Our National and Regional digital publications already reach an enormous audience, but we want to be much bigger, and do much better! We are looking for a User Researcher to join us!
We're aiming to change the way that our 150 plus million monthly online users experience our digital products, and revolutionise the world of online news in the process.
We’re a small, User Experience & Design team, with backgrounds and experience at many top digital agencies and businesses, and we need great creative people with drive, passion and a desire to understand audiences and innovate to come on board and help us make this happen.
We breathe our values of Collaboration, Determination, Imagination and Customer Focus, underpinning the work our talented employees produce every single day, from editorial and HR, to technology and print. We strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Planning and executing user research studies throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation.
- Employing a wide range of research methods, including generative design research and contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, formative and summative usability studies, and quantitative methods, such as surveys and data analytics.
- Developing and using relationships across the company to understand existing research and insights and identify impactful research questions, and collaborate on end-to-end research that looks across the customer journey.
- Leading workshops with cross-functional teams to ensure that findings and insights are translated into actionable product goals and direction.
- Sharing customer insights with the broader organisation in creative ways to increase customer empathy, including posters, immersion rooms, blog posts, and workshops.
- Iterating and improving the processes within the user research community at Reach.
User Researchers at Reach plc are relentless customer advocates, possess a deep understanding of what makes users tick, and have a track record of executing highly impactful research with cross-functional teams. They use a wide variety of research methods and work intimately with the UX and Design team to inform, evaluate, and ship high-quality experiences our customers will adore.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
• Experience in research.
• You will have a strong track record of qualitative research leading to results impacting product/UX strategy and development.
• You will have worked closely with quantitative experts and knows how to blend this with qualitative research to synthesise actionable insights.
• You will possess an up-to-date toolkit of research methods and the experience and savvy to know when to be lean and scrappy and when to be rigorous.
• The ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including UX and UI designers, product managers, and software developers.
It would be great if you had the following, although not essential:
• Familiarity with the news and media industries.
• Experience researching multichannel experiences.
• Familiarity with Lean UX and Lean Research methodologies.
• Experience with agile software development.
• Familiarity with Reach plc products.
• Experience identifying and implementing process improvements for research teams.
• A passion for Accessibility and Inclusive Design.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- And lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Experience Designer/Product Designer
Closing 19 December 2020
- £Competitive plus benefits
Senior UX Designer
Closing 8 December 2020
- Manchester and Newcastle
Want more User Researcher - UX & Design Team jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.