User Researcher - Content Experiences
Spotify is looking for a qualitative user researcher to join our insights team in Differentiated Content Experiences. Our mission is to find new user growth through a combination of product innovation and marketing strategy. Our team collaborates closely with internal partners to help more people discover the value of Spotify through engaging, differentiated experiences.
As a qualitative user researcher, your role is to navigate and lead product innovation in an ambiguous space, building a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into insights to inform the development of new products. Together with your teammates you will help drive our ambitious goals, driving the next phase of Spotify meteoric growth!
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across New York, London & Stockholm
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Contribute to the wider Insights community at Spotify
- Work from anywhere.
Who You Are:
- Have proven (3+ years) experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with significant expertise in either qualitative exploratory research, and specifically identifying people's problems and needs to inform the development of new features and products.
- Hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field, or the equivalent in years of professional experience.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a zero to one space.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development, while also balancing business needs.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern/NY time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
Our global benefits:
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify:
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Head of Design Operations
Closing 15 March 2022
- perm, from remote
$120,000 per annum
Product Design Director - Self-Serve Advertising technology
Closing 14 March 2022
- perm, from remote
Lead Product Designer - Developer Platform
Closing 12 March 2022
- perm, from remote
Want more User Researcher - Content Experiences jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.