User Interface (UI) Designer: Bloomingdale
We make fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable, and this is reflected in the numerous ways we connect with our customers. Bloomingdale’s has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated User Interface (UI) Designer to contribute to our in-house UI Design team. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding creative design skills to work on multiple UI projects for Bloomingdales.com Creative department. The UI Designer manages multiple projects and deadlines and translates internal client needs into compelling UI designs based on creative and business objectives. The UI Designer is responsible for fostering creativity and collaboration with stakeholders.Perform other duties as assigned.
• Design and create comps for enhancement projects, dual brand projects, and lean lab requests. Create and explore the best UI designs for Bloomingdale’s customer.
• Demonstrates solid grasp of Bloomingdale’s aesthetic, usability principles and high taste level in design sensibility.
• Consistently looks for opportunities to keep the design of our style guide feeling on-brand and contemporary.
• Must stay current with market trends to understand competitive landscape.
• Independently navigates the creative process, collaborate with other teams while being proactive and resourceful.
• Work with the project management team to establish workload and timelines.
• Participate in working groups and partner with UX, product managers and Site Merchandisers to design and promote site features.
• Participate in multiple weekly reviews.
• Develop design specs for production.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS degree required;
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in an online and/or E-commerce environment.
• Strong professional presence, articulate and effective communication skills.
• Comfortably communicate and educate all levels of management, being mindful of audience and tone, and to tailor message to audience’s needs.
• Minimum of average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
• Comprehensive analytical and critical thinking skills, with proven problem solving capabilities.
• Utilize sound business judgment to navigate the complex challenges of everyday conflicts that may interfere with the stated vision of campaign performance and people development.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Proven ability to think on feet and effectively respond to incremental, ad hoc requests.
• Impeccable design sensibility with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong typography design.
• Complete fluency in Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Great understanding of Website and App usability, responsive web design and accessibility.
• Great understanding of UX design, Site Architecture and Navigation systems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Lead Creative UI/UX Designer
Closing 15 March 2019
- Jumpcut, Inc.
- $110,000 to 130,000 p/a
Want more User Interface (UI) Designer: Bloomingdale jobs?
Want to find more Backend Web Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.