User Experience (UX) Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Activision, Audi, Blizzard, Genentech, IBM Watson, Levi Strauss & Co and Service Now.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities
User Experience Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to articulate impactful systems, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
The User Experience Director at AKQA operates at a leadership level across creative and experience strategy. As an inspirational leader, the User Experience Director drives user-centered design processes in partnership with Technology, Creative and Planning teams.
- Proven track record in IA, interface design and service design.
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work.
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles.
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions.
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent.
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives.
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries.
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Expert cross-functional collaboration.
- Broad cultural reference points.
- Fearlessly, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail.
* Please note, all candidates for this role must have a portfolio or recent work they can share.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Director, Product Design
Closing 26 February 2020
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- San Francisco
UX Designer - Digital Workplace
Closing 27 February 2020
- American Express
- New York
Want more User Experience (UX) Director jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.