User Experience / UX Designer
The User Experience Designer role is aligned to the WTW Risk Technology function. Our function develops web applications with the Risk and Analytics business, driven by stakeholders across our Global Regions.
We are looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research activities and translate them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and high fidelity prototypes. The UX Designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
The UX Designer will be embedded in the Agile Delivery Team and collaborate closely on the software development. They will be an advocate for Lean UX and use rapid cycles of to build, test, and learn, using fast feedback and iterations to validate the products designs before the engineers start coding.
By joining our team you will become part of a highly client professional and client focused team with a strong work / life balance. The role is predominantly based from home with travel to the WTW Ipswich office 1-2 days per week (or more office time with colleagues if you prefer).
- Hold workshops with key members across the business to understand the problems users are facing and what the right ways of solving those challenges are. Translate concepts into personas, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the Product Owner’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and stakeholders.
- Be an advocate for Design Thinking, UX and the user centered approach.
- UX design experience.
- Expertise in standard collaboration software such as MS Teams, Slack, MIRO and Azure DevOps or JIRA.
- A flair for UI and interaction Design.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Designer - Homeware
Closing 5 April 2023
- N Brown Group plc
£Competitive + Benefits
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Closing 4 April 2023
Digital Product Design Lead
Closing 7 February 2023
Want more User Experience / UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.