User Experience - UX Designer
We are looking for a user experience designer to shape the future of our product by helping us learn more about the users of the Vertica Analytic Database. Vertica is a next-generation analytic database that offers extremely high performance and rich functionality at a low cost. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, self-directed, and who can bring new ideas and energy to our team.
- Work closely with the product team to identify research questions that will help us gain insights into our users and our market.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative research methods to define a story about our users that will inform design ideation and best-in-class feature and product enhancements.
- Design and execute studies into user behavior, attitudes, goals, and frustrations.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations on our products and sites.
- Help define, refine, and socialize user personas.
- Present and communicate insights to teams, helping to inform and shape long-term product strategy.
- Create prototypes that include workflow and page layout improvements.
- Knowledge of marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics or information science, with a solid understanding of user experience design.
- Fluent in user-centered design best practices.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams.
- Adept at handling and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Knowledge of industry tools: Presentation programs (Powerpoint); UX design programs (Sketch, Adobe, Balsamiq); analytics tracking tools (Google Analytics, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Cognitive or Behavioral Science, Information Design, or other related discipline. May have limited technical knowledge but must be technically inclined.
- 0-2 years experience as a UX practitioner, with either or both research and design background.
More about you:
- You have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- You have a positive, “can-do” attitude and are passionate about contributing to Vertica’s success.
- You are proactive and accountable.
- You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and staying up to date with current trends and tools in the UX field.
- You have deep empathy for product users and are willing to advocate for our customers.
- You’re a natural problem solver. You seek continuous improvements and innovations and provide solutions when identifying problems.
- You have a love of learning new and complex systems.
- You have knowledge of SQL, database, or business intelligence (BI) products.
- You have AI and Machine Learning (ML) familiarity.
- You’ve got Google Analytics experience.
- You’re familiar with the Double Diamond methodology.
- You have WordPress experience.
- You have Linux and open-source software.
- You’ve used JIRA and Confluence experience.
Job: Engineering Services.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
Associate Researcher: Designer
Closing 25 September 2019
Want more User Experience - UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.