User Experience (UX) Designer for BBC
We design the BBC's amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
Our ace team of UX designers, architects and researchers collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award-winning) digital experiences on mobile, tablet, desktop and TV.
While we advertise for specific roles that you can apply for, we are constantly on the lookout for good UX Designers throughout the year.
If you don’t see anything else advertised, please get in touch using this advertRole Responsibility
In a typical day, you can expect to:
• Share design expertise and ideas with people from design, product, editorial and tech teams.
• Collaborate with other members of UX&D to get to the heart of what our users need, creating sketches, concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes.
• Design for multiple screens.
• Develop the visual and interaction elements of BBC user experiences, refining them towards a polished design, considering typography, iconography, layout and brand identity along the way.
• Work with people across UX&D to make sure we’re making the most of the BBC’s Global Experience Language.
• Prioritise your own workload.
• Work with external agencies to learn new things, see new perspectives and create new ideas.
• Proactively try out your ideas and designs with people on the street to make sure they’re meeting real user needs.
• Do all this with a view to achieving a single, seamless service on all screens across all BBC products.Are you the right candidate?
You’ve already done impressive work across different screens, be they mobile, connected TV, tablet or desktop. And you’ve got the portfolio to prove it.
Now you’re itching to try something new.
Your brain might tend towards wireframes, user flows and personas. Or layout, colour and typography. Either way you’ll have heaps of skills you can use to create the ideal user experience. Maybe you’ve even got something special up your sleeve, like you’re an amazing illustrator, motion graphic designer or prototype builder. Our team’s made up of a diverse range of people, skills and experience, so we’d love to hear about you and yours.
You’re a whizz at collaborating and sharing your ideas with absolutely anyone. And you’re not afraid to try out different approaches and styles to get the best out of yourself and others.
You’re enthusiastic, curious and full of ideas. You see every new situation as a chance to learn something new. So you love trying your hand at the latest design trends and technology developments. And you’re constantly fascinated by what people really need, and how we can create the right experience to give it to them.
Whether you learned your skills on a design degree or on the job, you’re comfortable applying them to whatever situation arises. And you’re keen to broaden those skills by trying out whatever new software and devices come your way.Package Description
We have Permanent and 12 Month FTC roles in London and Salford so please specify if you would only like to be considered for one or the other on the questionnaire. We also run specific adverts for particular roles so please apply to those too.About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Design Lead for Comic Relief
Closing 17 January 2019
- Comic Relief
- 60,000 to 68,000 p/a
UX/UI Designer for Hi Mum! Said Dad
Closing 1 February 2019
- Hi Mum! Said Dad
- £45,000 to 55,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.