User Experience Researcher
Who we are:
As an IBM design team, we’re creative problem solvers who work together using the latest techniques to craft intuitive user experiences. We’re a group of researchers, UX designers, and visual designers who enjoy exploring the root causes of our clients’ business problems and collaborating with our development teams to build solutions.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Who you are:
You’re a dedicated UX researcher who is passionate about understanding your users and getting to the roots of their pain points. You’re a skilled interviewer and user tester who knows how to craft the right questions to elicit the most relevant information from your subjects. Furthermore, you enjoy working in diverse teams and value different perspectives. You’re comfortable presenting your findings and recommendations to a broad range of stakeholders around the world. And last but not least, you excel at establishing relationships and networking with the clients you serve. Sound like you? Keep reading.
Your role will be based in the IBM Studio, a buzzing, modern working environment which brings together best-in-class practitioners, technology and workspace. You will work as a researcher across several projects and be an active member of our User Experience team, interacting daily with some of IBM’s 210,000 partner companies worldwide, understanding their needs and pain points and helping to propose solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise.
When considering your experience, this is what we’ll be looking for:
- Real passion for creative, user-centered outcomes.
- Interviewing and user testing skills.
- Deep understanding of UX practices and methodologies.
- Understanding of Design Thinking practices, including workshop facilitation.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience conducting research using quantitative research methods.
- These are the interpersonal skills that will be valuable in enabling success in the role:
- Experience working and negotiating with team members and clients.
- Collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Motivation to address underlying problems and challenge assumptions.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize own workload.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Also, we would be impressed to see evidence of.
- Adopting remote research tools to conduct studies.
- Experience collaborating remotely with colleagues in global locations.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision or other prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of accessibility in design.
Want more User Experience Researcher jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.