User Experience Researcher
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Applied Linguistics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience with international research, including leading field research studies.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
About the job:
User Experience (UX) Researchers work to answer the most challenging questions in design. In this role, you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
With considerable experience, you evaluate all the features contributing to user experience, providing expertise, collaborating internally and occasionally leading projects. You contribute new processes and identify product and use requirements.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via qualitative and quantitative methods, such as usability studies, interviews, and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Convey research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Innovate by thinking creatively about how we can evolve the way we do research in order to improve our products for global users. Advocate for the needs of a global user audience.
Content Design Manager
Closing 24 September 2019
- Care Quality Commission
- Leeds, London, Newcastle
- £37,321 to 42,121 p/a
Digital Designer - 6 Month FTC
Closing 10 October 2019
- temp, temp to perm
Want more User Experience Researcher jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.