User Experience Researcher, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in an applied research setting, including experience integrating user research into product designs and strategy.
- Research experience in enterprise/business software, developer tools, IT, or other complex systems.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, or a related field.
- Good working knowledge of quantitative research and the principles of experiment design.
- Good knowledge of a wide range of UX and market research methods and techniques, such as lab-based usability studies, field research, usability inspections, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, survey research, experiment design, and statistical analysis.
About the job:
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make this possible.
User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers who care deeply about the people who use our products. We play an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other, engineering, and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for our users and Google’s businesses.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you’ll help your team of UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. Working with stakeholders across functions and levels, you'll have impact at all stages of product development. You’ll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your best work. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and access to internal research tools.
As the User Experience Researcher on the Reliability Infrastructure team at Google, you will help design and deliver the systems and products that will provide consistent and standardized infrastructure for Google Cloud services. Our goal is to improve product quality and increase reliability by helping teams apply Google’s best practices and expertise.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Define UX research to support product teams in the Reliability 360 organization, researching behaviors and needs to identify critical goals and journeys for our customers.
- Evolve traditional research methods to suit the fast-paced and ever evolving domain of developer experience research.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, product managers, engineers, and designers to gather insights, build consensus around user needs, and deliver excellent solutions.
- Identify and define new opportunities based on insights gathered.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f/d)
Closing 12 March 2022
- London / Remote
- perm, from remote
Closing 15 March 2022
- Sports Direct
Digital Content Designer
Closing 14 March 2022
Want more User Experience Researcher, Google Cloud jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.