User Experience Designer
Are you driven by exceptional user-experience design? Do you have the vision and ability to produce market-leading experiences delivering measurable results?
If that sounds like you, this is your opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies listed on the FTSE 100 in the UK.
Day-to-day duties will include design experience guidance within the design and content teams across the business. You will work collaboratively with the head of user experience, product owners, development teams, digital designers and business stakeholders to ensure an efficient transition of the interactive design into development, release and evaluation.
You will have a strong customer focus with expert-level knowledge of ecommerce, user experience and interaction design and be keen to demonstrate it hands-on.
You will create engaging, simple and commercially successful experiences. You will have strong influencing and mediation skills with both senior stakeholders and peers as this is crucial within this role.
If you are looking for a challenging role in an innovative and agile organisation, where innovation is highly regarded then this is the role for you.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for conducting requirements analysis including scenarios, task analysis, usability testing, and competitor analysis. Collaborating with the Business Owners, Tech, and Creative and Marketing teams.
- You’ll champion the customer needs, making realisable, innovative and cross-device recommendations and solutions for improving the experience (i.e. usability, interaction design and functionality) of our web sites and apps via collaborative design workshops, lo-to-high fidelity concepting, wireframing and prototyping.
- You’ll need to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the customer, their behaviours, needs, passions and expectations. Dissemination of this knowledge and insight within teams and to the product owners will be a key responsibility.
- Collaborating with digital teams you will need to integrate design methodologies and approaches into the day-to-day delivery process utilising the appropriate methods and tools to provide insights to inform priorities and support innovation. Methods available already, though not limited to A/B testing, MVT testing, remote testing, card sorting and in-lab user testing (as and when required).
We are looking for a strong influencer, with quick comprehension and mediation skills. Someone who is comfortable liaising at all levels within the business with an exceptional customer-focus with expert knowledge of ecommerce, usability and experience design.
You will have:
- Strong influencing, comprehension and mediation skills.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels within the business.
- Exceptional customer-focus with expert knowledge of ecommerce, usability and experience design.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering fun, innovative and cross-device/responsive interface designs that have delivered commercial success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of visual design tools.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- A very good understanding of platform constraints, browsers and accessibility guidelines.
- Experience with optimising websites for mobile devices, transactional secure environments and tablet and mobile apps.
- A keen interest and awareness of future developments in website trends and innovations.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the skills below to meet our company values;
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis–please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Closing 18 July 2019
- Creative Mettle
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Closing 10 August 2019
Want more User Experience Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.