User Experience Designer - John Lewis Partnership
Duties & Responsibilities
We have an opportunity for 2 User Experience Designers to join the Digital Product Development team on a Permanent and 6-month Secondment basis.
Your job as User Experience Designer will be to champion the customer journey and experience end to end. You will work within a dedicated product team working collaboratively with Product Owners, UI Designers and Developers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and wireframe final implementation. Details are critical as you iterate on your sketches, user journeys, and complex interactions.
You will be working in AGILE teams, in sprints, shaping, iterating and testing user stories from your product team's roadmap. You'll understand how to design in ways that considers both customer and business needs.
● Proven experience of designing interfaces and end to end journey flows
● Ability to prototype ideas/features
● A good understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility
● Experience of web and mobile application interface design including responsive
● Good knowledge of user-centred design principles and visual design best practices
● Confident and competent when highlighting the importance of user experience and user research to wider stakeholders .
● Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
● Highlighting points for improvement based on knowledge and principles in usability and accessibility
● Good grasp of qualitative and quantitative data analysis and statistics
● Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
● Experience in reviewing taxonomy and creating customer journeys mapped to customer personas.
● Demonstrated end to end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
● The ability to analyse/conclude all research and design product solutions/components that provide the right customer experience.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
● 5 or more years UX Design experience web applications, web apps, apps.
● A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
● Experience working in an Agile design and development environment.
● Ability to wireframe from conceptual sketches through high fidelity wireframe
● Proven experience in utilising various research methodologies to tackle a wide variety of research questions.
● Experience in creating functional prototypes to test a variation of ideas. Lab-based user testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research and survey design.
● A solid foundation and proven track record in driving ideas through to completion and can demonstrate high quality execution that provides the best user experience.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
● eCommerce experience
Please note the following:
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 2 year reference check
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- It is advisable to carefully consider your answers to each of the 3 questions that are asked as part of the last section in the application form. Tailoring your answers to highlight your relevance to the role in question may help you to secure an interview.
- As 1 of these roles is a secondment vacancy, the successful applicants benefits will remain unchanged.
Closing 2 November 2018
- BlueTree Recruits
- £50,000 plus benefits
Front End Designer
Closing 1 November 2018
- Stonor Creative
- £30,000 to 37,000 p/a
Want more User Experience Designer - John Lewis Partnership jobs?
Want to find more App Designer jobs, App Developer jobs, Backend Web Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.