Urban Outfitters Senior Graphic Designer
This position requires an experienced problem solver who is highly motivated to see the impact and potential in given projects and for the UO brand overall. The Senior Graphic Designer must be able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design and brand appropriate trends and partner and collaborate with other designers and UO departments. She / He will carry out the vision created by the Assistant Art Director and fully support the visual direction while offering up additional ideas and approaches. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand. This includes carrying out direction from the Assistant Art Director in the design and production for all facets of the Urban Outfitters brand. The Senior Graphic Designer leads projects from conception through completion with the ability to delegate and manage all aspects thoroughly.
- Create innovative and brand appropriate visual solutions for all facets of the UO brand.
- See projects through from concept through execution.
- Offer several solutions and present to Assistant Art Director, responding to critique and direction with an open mind.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of design and typography.
- Recognize and respond to current design trends and UO brand initiatives.
- Establish all production aspects for each project, enlisting Production/Project Manager and Graphic Designer when needed and ensure workflows are efficient and process’ are implemented.
- Strong attention to detail in file preparation and final production, approving samples, press checks, etc.
- Partner with other departments, insisting on involvement in sample/production approvals even when overseen be another department.
- Work with Production/Project Manager to establish timing and budgets for all given projects, including presentations, critiques and various stages of review and proofing.
- Self-manage multiple projects of varying sizes, ensuring deadlines and budgets are maintained.
- Delegate and involve other Designers as needed. Manage their role within your projects.
INVOLVEMENT AND MOTIVATION:
- Participate in weekly meetings and critiques of work.
- Keep current on UO brand and company initiatives.
- Openly communicate with Assistant Art Director and Designers on projects and concepts for the UO brand.
- Research and gather inspiration for the visual identity of the UO brand as well as for individual projects.
- Seek opportunities within given projects and within the team to advance individual projects and the
overall UO brand.
- Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction.
- Ability to delegate, multi-task and manage large scale projects.
- Ability to recognize and respond to current design, fashion and cultural trends.
- Working knowledge of MAC based design software, specifically adobe creative suite
(web and MS Office a plus).
- 2-5 years Graphic Design experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of print and prepress production.
- Working knowledge and understanding of web and interactive design.
- Experience self-managing creative projects (timelines, budgets, presentations, etc.) a plus.
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
Visual Design Director - Disney+
Closing 19 July 2019
- San Francisco
Motion Graphic Designer
Closing 19 July 2019
Want more Urban Outfitters Senior Graphic Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Web Designer jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.