Urban Outfitters Senior Designer - Digital
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters operates more than 200 stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what we love, calling on our—and our customer's—interest in contemporary art, music, and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range—both online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
Reports to: Art Director - Digital.
The Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand. This includes carrying out direction from the Art Director in the design and production for all facets of the Urban Outfitters brand through the UO ecommerce website and digital marketing materials. The Sr. Graphic Designer leads projects from conception through completion with the ability to delegate and manage all aspects thoroughly. This position requires an experienced problem solver who is highly motivated to see the impact and potential in given projects and for the UO brand overall. The Senior Designer will carry out the vision created by the Art Director and fully support the visual direction while focusing on following process and efficiencies throughout the creative process. The Sr. Graphic Designer must be able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design and brand appropriate trends and partner and collaborate with other designers and UO departments.
- Create visual assets for all of Urban Outfitters digital marketing channels: email marketing campaign, lookbooks, editorial layouts, paid media, UO app, etc.
- See projects through from concept through execution.
- Work with project coordinator to maintain deadlines and clearly communicate project status to junior team members.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of design and typography.
- Solid understanding of our customer and their aesthetics.
- Collaborate with designers to create new graphics seasonal direction.
- Develop graphic systems that are not just visually engaging but make sense for the UO Brand.
- Openly communicate with Art Director and Designers on projects and concepts for the UO brand.
- Research and gather inspiration for the visual identity of the UO brand as well as for individual projects.
- Can lead small sub-teams to plan and execute seasonal concepts.
- Works closely with Art Directors and Merchandisers to plan and pitch seasonal campaigns.
- Delegate and involve other Designers as needed. Manage their role within your projects.
- Mentor junior members of the team regarding work ethic, attitude, and creative output.
- 5+ years Digital Graphic Design experience.
- Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac Platform.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Advanced understanding of digital formats across screen sizes and devices.
- Good understanding of web technologies and standards.
- Ability to delegate, multi-task and manage large scale projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple design projects in a fast-paced weekly workflow.
- Previous experience in retail or fashion related industry is a plus.
- Experience self-managing creative projects (timelines, budgets, presentations, etc.) a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, or a related field.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Senior Graphic Designer, Print (Ready To Wear)
Closing 12 July 2019
- New York
Omni Designer - Digital
Closing 12 July 2019
- New York
Want more Urban Outfitters Senior Designer - Digital jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Web Designer jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.