Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English.
At Oracle NetSuite, we care! We care about the evolution of people and business and making life a bit easier. We focus on encouraging productivity, accomplishments and job success through powerful cloud technology. We listen to the needs of our customers and users, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission to enable companies to realize their vision on the very best technology. We are looking for experts to join our NetSuite family to accelerate the evolution of our technology.
By putting together a dynamic and passionate team of designers, researchers, developers, and product managers we will be able to delight our customers by designing and executing next generation solutions that focus on insight, control, automation and agility.
The scope of our opportunity is endless!
Yes. We’re absolutely serious.
And we can’t do it without your help.
We need thoughtful, talented, fearless and multi-faceted team players who love empowering users with extraordinary user experiences.
What We're Looking For:
We’re looking for a talented UX writer to join our Experience Design Team. The ideal candidate has experience delivering relevant text at the right time to help users. You have a passion for best-in-class product experiences based on research. You can write in a bespoke, simplified style that fits our custom audience. This isn't just about copy, we also need someone who is part content strategist. Someone who can help contribute to the content vision, including tone and voice, for a cohesive product experience that's seamless across platforms and touch points.
You will be part of a team that is innovating our product experiences in a dynamic, agile environment. Your focus will be creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete tasks and develop a relationship with the brand. You'll write and manage microcopy, labels, error messages, and any text that is shown to users. Additionally, you know how to use research, empathy, and past experiences to make informed choices.
Perhaps most importantly, you know how to communicate across teams. This position works closely with designers, researchers, product & project managers, marketers, and engineers. It's critical to be able to positively respond to feedback, incorporate new ideas into your work, and build strong professional relationships.
Lastly, we will want to see a portfolio of your work that demonstrates your talent for simplifying, streamlining, and clarifying product experiences.
What You'll Do:
- Define copy for user navigation, learning, onboarding, error messages, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Set and communicate strategy for product language to support a unified product narrative.
- Document and share best practices.
- Build strong relationships for close collaboration with researchers, product & project managers, marketers, engineers, and others.
- Be a leader, mentor, and spokesperson for all of Oracle NetSuite about the UX Writing role.
- Constantly strive to have a consistent language experience throughout the teams and organization.
- Provide options or alternatives of your work while communicating pros/cons to each.
- Present your work to stakeholders and teammates with confidence and a growth mindset.
- Support research with customers while bridging the gap between users and the team..
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5-years of relevant experience in user-centered product writing.
- Interest in and an understanding of how UI design principles influence content.
- Experience working with developers to ensure best practices for delivering meaningful content are embedded into programming.
- Experience setting direction for content across multiple projects.
- Ability to build relationships with teams and customers.
- Experience or ability to learn how to bring your work to customers for feedback.
- Experience defining information architecture in a complex organization.
- Knowledge of accessibility and localization best practices.
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence (with and without formal authority) engineering, design and product management teams.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Analytical and strategic mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, native English speaker.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology is a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
eCommerce Digital Designer
Closing 1 October 2020
- £Competitive salary plus benefits
Closing 18 November 2020
Want more UX Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Content Author jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.