UX Writer, Ads
We’re on the lookout for new writers to join the small but mighty (smighty?) Pinterest product writing team. Come help us tell our story, build features and make some of our ads and business experiences sing. While you’re at it, make one big POW! of an impact at a company that’s here to help you find inspiration and create a life you love. If you’ve got a heart for business owners and advertisers (from large enterprises to mom-and-pop shops), a pioneering spirit for testing and learning, and a hunger to dig into UX and interaction design, you could be just the person for the job.
What you’ll do:
- Write the words and craft the experiences that go into the Pinterest products we build to grow our business. Conduct audits, identify patterns, lead brainstorming sessions, name all the things, work hand-in-hand with engineers on those tricky error messages, and tinker with different solutions and iterate like crazy until you truly understand what works in all the different nooks and corners of these products and features.
- Develop Pinterest’s voice and tone in our ads and business tools, new-user experiences, notifications, targeting features, permissions and oh so much more… then roll up your sleeves to think about how they fit in our overall Pinterest brand voice, tone and standards.
- Join forces with the industry’s topmost designers, researchers, engineers, product managers and product marketers to position our ads features, develop journeys and think through the information architecture and evolve it. Oh, don’t forget the lawyers, policy mavens, and PR smarties! You’ll work with them, too.
- Tune in to research (industry, quantitative, qualitative) to learn about what advertisers and businesses truly need. Bring their human voices into problem statements, product UI and inform marketing materials. Behind every ad account is a person or a group of people just trying to get their ROI just right.
- Weigh in at our weekly crit workshop! Debate the fate of the words! Join our punupmanship pile-ons!
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years steeped in the wordly arts (UI/UX writing, content strategy and information architecture) and especially ads or business-y, buttoned-up audiences (the folks who manage the money…) to make the complex feel clear.
- Puzzle-loving brains with a flair for negotiating tight constraints.
- Ability to revel in the microcopy weeds AND consider the big picture of branding and product positioning and strategy.
- Visual thinkers who can mindmeld with designers and visually communicate their recommendations by jumping headfirst into Figma, Sketch and or other design or prototyping tools. Practiced persuaders who can back up their recommendations with sound reasoning and represent their thinking with conviction.
- Experience rubbing (and maybe even throwing) elbows with engineers, product managers, designers and other deeply smart, opinionated people. And, at times, leading without authority because it needs to get done.
- BA and/or Masters in Literature/English, Psychology, Design, Linguistics, Journalism or HCI or related fields of study.
UX Graphics Designer
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
- Fort Collins
2020 Summer Intern: UX Design, Customer Experience
Closing 18 March 2020
Want more UX Writer, Ads jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.