Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it’s our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
You will be part of the Last.fm Product Team, working closely with the front-end Web Team, to identify issues and frame solutions through great design. As a member of a small team, you’ll have a real impact on how the Last.fm product develops, looks and works. The ideal candidate would have a history of maintaining and creating new user interface patterns, interactions, and user flows for responsive sites. You would also be comfortable working with various teams collaboratively to create design solutions as well as testing and gathering data on your work.
Last.fm is already used by over 20m users and your role as UI/UX Designer will directly shape the way that users interact with music and data on Last.fm, both through their listening history and by introducing new music to them. With Last.fm, you will:
- influence the product: build things to help you get more out of music, as well as that benefiting users.
- work with a friendly, smart team who are keen to share their knowledge and learn new things.
- work in environment where everyone’s ideas are valued, and we create the product together.
- see your creation used and loved by millions of users.
- improve your skills in foosball, table tennis and/or pool.
- have full corporate benefits (we are a wholly owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation).
What will you be doing?
- Work closely and collaboratively with Product, Engineering and Marketing & Social to understand user goals and business goals to create design deliverables that best suit those needs.
- Create appropriate design deliverables for each project (for example, wireframes, prototypes and mockups) and iterate upon multiple ideas.
- Develop and conduct user research and testing to gather qualitative data for design decisions.
- Help improve and maintain design patterns and systems.
- Manage the design backlog and organising/prioritising workload.
- Responsible for design across multiple platforms and mediums (web, email, desktop apps, mobile apps), with sign-off in both internal and external projects.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle.
- Maintain and represent the Last.fm brand at a high standard through design guidelines, marketing material, brand collateral, etc.
- Key role in the long-term evolution of Last.fm as a product and service.
What are we looking for?
- Have demonstrable years’ experience in UI/UX with a strong portfolio.
Have extensive experience with:
- designing responsive, multi-device web interfaces and user flows.
- developing wireframes and wireflows.
- prototyping features.
- interaction design, interface design, graphic design and illustration.
- writing user stories and producing product requirements.
- industry standard software (for example, Sketch, InVision) and deliverables (for example, wireframes, prototypes, mockups).
- developing and executing user research competitor analysis, data analysis and analytics.
- information architecture.
- branding, identity, and logo design.
- Be able to turn data insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) which show what is possible before it is built.
- Take full ownership of work and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- be able to produce multiple concepts and prototypes - knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
You might also have:
- Knowledge of modern front-end development (HTML/CSS/JS) and performance techniques on mobile, desktop and mobile apps.
- Experience in designing for content-heavy websites.
Last.fm is a music recommendations’ site, which has the world’s largest music data catalogue. We take billions of pieces of listening data from music listeners worldwide and process it to provide global and personal music taste statistics and recommendations unique to each user, as well as an “IMDB” style knowledge-base of all music. We are a social network that continues to enjoy a large, passionate, active user base with millions of users, active on multiple platforms. Our vision is to be the connective tissue of music on the internet. We strive to unlock information about a user’s personal relationship to the music they love, and the relationships between music and the rest of the world.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You’ll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we’re doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
- A monthly streaming fund.
- All the health and financial benefits you’d expect, and some you wouldn’t.
- Flexibility to own the way you work.
- Mental health activities and support.
- All manner of BBQs, socials and events.
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination:
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead.
Inclusivity & Collaboration:
We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges.
Agility & Adaptability:
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what’s next.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously.
To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining. Should you need any support during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter or email where we will support your request as suitably possible.
Additionally, we are proud to partner with a number of incredible communities and if you have a disability or a long-term condition (including hidden conditions such as mental health, autism, dyslexia, etc) that would need an adjustment; either in the application process, the interview process, the onboarding process or day to day, our amazing partner Evenbreak can provide additional help and advice to disabled candidates who may be interested in our vacancies.
Want more UX/UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.