With over 16,000 people worldwide, we make a huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we have fun, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self. It’s not just our colleagues we look after – we’ve got a responsibility to our customers too and we work hard on our ambition that nobody is harmed by gambling.
Your role in the team:
As a UX/UI Designer within William Hill Retail Technology you’ll be responsible for collaborating with our Retail Product Owners to help transform our vision and roadmap into easy-to-use, best in class products for our customer. We are all about customer, so you will be creating and developing elegant and innovative solutions that will help drive levels of customer satisfaction and engagement within our Retail channel. Working with a blend of commercial, marketing and technical colleagues, you will design and build interactive prototypes to improve the overall user experience. Using user research and business requirements you are tasked with ensuring business objectives are achieved and that the right balance is met between innovative solutions and commercial viability.
Based in Leeds and reporting to Retail Development Manager, you will work directly with the IT project teams in Leeds and the US.
UX/UI Designers within William Hill have the following responsibilities:
- Work with other designers, developers and project managers to innovate, provide constructive criticism and improve output efficiency and quality.
- Have a strong UX process and the ability to justify every design decision, ensure it is all documented and available for stakeholders to review.
- Ensure solutions are clearly presented to the retail team and wider UX team.
- All ideas and concepts should be backed up through the use of data and customer research.
- Ensure all deadlines are met and work is signed-off ahead of due dates.
- Provide support to developers throughout the build and ensure designs are being correctly implemented.
- Create design proposals using sketches, wireframes, UI designs and prototyping.
- Participate in usability sessions ensuring the customer’s voice remains the focus of any project.
- Able to iterate your designs quickly whilst incorporating relevant feedback from stakeholder.
- Upskilling of front-end developers and business analysts in the prototyping/ UX techniques/tools.
- Be consistent and on brand in design ensuring the design pattern library is always followed when possible.
- Have a strong sense of modern design culture and agile methodologies.
- Measure’s success on Data, Analytics, Conversion rates and qualitative feedback.
- Experience as a UX and/or UI Designer.
- You will have a grasp of UX best practices & design trends, and an extensive portfolio to back it up.
- Best-in-class design, wireframe (low and high fidelity) and prototyping skills using tools such as Sketch, Marvel and Invision.
- Well-versed in a variety of User Research methods and practices, and subsequent evolution of products based on findings.
- Experience in a high transactional industry, with sportsbook/gaming (casino) experience would be very beneficial.
- You will be comfortable presenting to stakeholders, project teams and external clients or partners.
- Ability to plan, lead and document workshops, user research sessions and focus groups.
- Excellent knowledge of modern multi-device design principles.
- You enjoy being challenged and solving problems is something that comes naturally.
- You can communicate clearly about your designs and advocate your opinions.
What we offer:
We’ll welcome you on-board with 25 days holiday (not to mention 8 bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday), a rewarding bonus scheme, healthcare, an attractive pension package, healthy gym discounts and a staff benefits scheme. Plus, our season ticket loan and handy Metro Card loan will save you money getting to work and getting around town. And if you see the journey to work as part of your fitness regime, you’ll just love our Cycle to Work scheme.
William Hill in Leeds:
Right in the middle of the creative heart of the UK sit both of our Leeds offices. Leeds itself is a buzzy, busy place to work and live. A hub for tech, digital and gaming companies–there’s also five universities right on our doorstep. And away from work, we’re in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales and of course have got a competitive sports scene with Leeds United and Yorkshire Cricket and Rugby just up the road in Headingley.
Closing 7 February 2020
Want more UX/UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.