UX UI Designer
As a UX Designer with Barclays UK Technology, you will be part of a team that provides core technologies supporting API delivery and facilitation of third-party API. We support, maintain and continually evolve the internal/external gateways, developer portals, development tools, and CI pipelines. You will contribute to the creative development of the API Exchange. Working across multiple teams, business and customer needs will be blended with your own outlook to create an engaging user experience.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Playing a role in the UX design phase on large and complex projects from the initial identification of user frustration through to partnering and iterating with developers
• Supporting the Head of Developer Experience and Senior UX Designer in setting, reviewing and communicating the UX Direction to the wider team
• Responsible for user experience design as well as a key participant in the user interface development
• Assisting in delivering projects from research to initial wireframes, and then right through to visual design and delivery fast paced and exciting environment
• Participating in kick-offs, project workshops and updates on in progress work
• Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Contributing to planning and estimation sessions and retrospectives
• Creating icons
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Passionate about human-centred design
• Proven track record in identifying, justifying and subsequently solving challenging or complex usability, information architecture, and user flow problems
• Highly motivated and self-managing
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong understanding of Adobe DX
• Design/UX related degree/qualification
• A strong understanding of Adobe DX
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 30 January 2022
Closing 17 December 2021
- N Brown Group plc
- £Competitive salary of up to £28,000 (Depending on experience)
Closing 30 January 2022
Want more UX UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.