UX UI Designer - John Lewis
Duties & Responsibilities
***internally, this role is known as UX Designer.
Online is big business for John Lewis. We're innovating. We're growing. It's therefore a key focus for us, and we continue to need digital specialists who can ensure we keep ahead of the digital curve.
This is a hybrid role that would suit an individual who has the ability to call on both user interface and user experience tools.
You will be a skilled end to end UX designer, who has a portfolio that displays examples of working from concept through to wireframes, user journeys, prototyping, and finished product. You will have a great eye for detail, be confident in your designs, and be able to communicate great design and innovations to stakeholders.
This role requires a talented person who can work within a highly agile, cross-functional team; able to demonstrate experience of both designing and delivering a digital product.
- Exploring and mapping user needs through audience analysis, user narratives, and process flow diagrams, to maintain a user-centred, evidenced based approach.
- Working closely with the creative team to develop the vision on an initiative, using conceptual prototyping, be it on paper or other tools to iterate your ideas, and ultimately inform the final solution.
- Working with analysts, UI Developers, Back-end Developers, and product owners to create and evolve UX patterns, workflow, and product information architecture.
- Producing detailed UX deliverables including user journeys, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and UI spec docs.
- Designing the final UI outcomes of website/app solutions.
- Understanding and working within the brand identity guidelines, harnessing the limitations and opportunities for each platform being designed for (eg. native apps, websites, and responsive design).
- Documenting UI style and components to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Running design sketching sessions and design sprints to validate ideas early with product owners, developers, and other team members.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Familiarity with web, iOS, and Android design patterns.
- Expert with 'Sketch' and the use of style guides and UI kits.
- Workshop facilitation skills, and user centric research methodologies.
- Strong prototyping skills and interaction design knowledge.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Understanding of JS, SASS, and use of Git code repository.
- Understanding of React, Handlebar, and JSP templating approaches.
- Confident with using web metrics/traffic analysis.
Middleweight Digital Designer – Start-Up
Closing 17 July 2018
- Sphere Digital Recruitment
- £28,000 to 35,000 p/a
Closing 11 July 2018
- Ogilvy & Mather London
Want more UX UI Designer - John Lewis jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Backend Web Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.