UX / UI Designer- FTC
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a great opportunity to own the UI/UX design for key operational tools used by Sky’s Group Metadata team! The data our teams manage & curate – for TV Shows, Movies & Sport – is fundamental to the customer experience across Sky Q, Sky Go & Now.
Note** This is a FTC for 6 months
What you’ll do:
• Ownership of UI/UX design for key operational Metadata tools – making sense of a deep & complex data model & how best to represent this to users
• Create – and rapidly iterate upon – conceptual design diagrams, process flows, wireframes and working prototypes; simplifying and distilling operational processes into an intuitive end-user experience
• Conduct usability testing and gather user feedback, identifying how to iterate & improve
• Implement modern web design, incorporating industry best practice
• Create the visual language, set design rules and create working guidelines where necessary
• Work closely with product owner, operational teams, engineering and leadership in a way that helps deliver a brilliant user experience
What you’ll do:
• A digital design degree or equivalent qualification
• 5+ years’ experience designing web applications for large scale operational use
• Deep understanding of UX practices and methodologies; strong visual design expertise
• Experience using Invision or similar prototyping tool
• Pixel perfect attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality and iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
• Experience in working with product, operations & engineering teams
• Passionate about all things tech, digital and design
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Free access to NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 24 November 2021
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 November 2021
UI Motion Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
Want more UX / UI Designer- FTC jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.