Where you’ll play:
You’ll be joining Betfair’s Product Design Team at a very exciting time. The upcoming months will see us launch a series of exciting, industry leading products and an improved platform for experimentation. Our team plays a vital role in making Betfair products as intuitive as possible for our customers.
As a UX Researcher, you will be obsessed with our customers. You’ll want to understand what makes them tick, how they use our products and how we can better serve their needs.
You will be a part of our growing research team, who will recommend and run different qualitative or quantitative research studies. You will work with other researchers and with various parts of the business including customer analytics, CX, designers, developers and product managers to deliver insights that drive business value.
How you’ll play it:
- You will conduct user research studies on new and existing products, including usability studies, interviews, surveys, remote testing and usability evaluations.
- Support the design team with understand how to communicate research finding efficiently and consistently without too much overhead.
- Plan research – writing research proposals, research questions and recruitment briefs (we use 3rd parties to do recruitment).
- Assess the need for alternative research methods (e.g., participatory design, card-sorting, eye-tracking, etc.), and plan accordingly.
- Proactively involve designers, developers & product managers in research.
- Share tangible findings and prioritised recommendations with the teams on a regular basis.
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary.
- Advocate customer research across the company.
What you’ll bring:
- Comprehensive experience in running a variety of research methods on web, mobile and tablet.
- Comprehensive experience of various behavioral and attitudinal research methods and gleaning actionable insights from both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge in statistical concepts (e.g., sampling) and methods (e.g., descriptive, inferential) and/or other data-science related analysis.
- Extensive experience moderating 1:1 usability sessions and field ethnography.
- Passionate about usability & emerging design trends.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Experience or interest in sport and sports betting would be advantageous but not essential.
- Imagine a job that doesn’t feel like work at all
- At Betfair, we’re here to play. To explore. To innovate. To challenge. And we’re hoping you are, too.
- Our business was born to create a fairer betting marketplace. Today, we’re the worlds biggest online betting exchange, one of the top 75 most valuable brands in the uk, and part of Flutter, one of Time100’s most influential companies.
- Joining us means believing that we do our best work together. It means fighting what’s unfair. And it means aiming high and having fun while we do it.
- So, if you’re ready to play too, this looks a lot like your next big career move. Plus, Betfair is part of the Flutter UK & Ireland family – a collection of big-hitting entertainment brands such as PaddyPower, Sky Betting & Gaming and Tombola.
What’s on offer:
- £1,000 learning fund
- Twice-yearly bonus (with part of it guaranteed!)
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension contribution scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible ways of working – home or office, it’s your choice!
- Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Sharesave Scheme
- 16 hours paid volunteering time per year
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 29 December 2023
- TUI Group
Lead Email Designer - FTC
Closing 24 December 2023
Closing 23 December 2023
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.