As a Barclays UX Researcher, you will be at the forefront of creating award winning products for our 25 million customers. You will be part of our large and diverse Insights and Design Team, offering you an exciting opportunity of a creative and collaborative environment, right at the heart of product development. This is part of a key transformation to evolve and grow Barclays User Research capability and is part of an ongoing investment by the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
These roles will initially be remote working but the successful applicant will be based out of any of our centralised locations of London, Northampton and Radbroke (Manchester).
What will you be doing?
• You will be an experienced User Researcher capable of assisting with research activities internally and externally, helping engage project teams and others with research.
• You will be assisting with planning, running User Research projects to support the creation of beautiful, useful and innovative products for our 25m UK customers.
• You will be actively contributing to what type of research will provide the best insights in the time given, developing new ways of working to improve the way the team carries out research.
• Analysing User Research data and clearly communicating the findings to a wide range of stakeholders.
• Working at the heart of the Design Function, alongside Designers, Product Owners and various internal / external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
• Proven design research project experience focusing on end to end customer UX.
• Experience utilising usability lab studies, user interviews, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions, rapid prototyping, ethnographic research survey development, analysis.
• A team player and good communicator who can engage with a wide range of candidates and stakeholders.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Empathy and an interest in human behaviour, needs and motivations.
• Understanding of research operations (tools, processes) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness of research.
• Good collaboration skills, experience working with designers, developers, stakeholders or clients.
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
Want more UX Researcher jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.