UX Researcher, Instagram (Mixed Methods)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Instagram's billion users. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
The right candidates will be communicators knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions.
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing.
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways.
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work .
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in applied product research.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies .
- Experience with survey design and response effects.
- 5+ years of experience in applied product research.
- MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.).
Instagram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Instagram is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability.
Senior Footwear Designer - HOKA
Closing 16 October 2019
- Deckers Brands
Summer 2020 Internship - UI Design
Closing 16 October 2019
- Urban Outfitters
Want more UX Researcher, Instagram (Mixed Methods) jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.