UX Researcher (Business & Public Agency Platform)
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby - neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 275,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors:
Through thoughtful research methods, we contribute the voice of our users within highly cross-functional teams, at multiple stages of the product development process. As a UX researcher on our advertising and business platform, you’ll work quickly and collaboratively with product managers, product designers, engineers, and data scientists to build insights that shape the experiences of our enterprise, small business, public agency, and non-profit users and customers.
The Impact You’ll Make:
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product managers, product designers, engineers, and data scientists) to identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help improve a product decision or customer experience.
- Lead all aspects of qualitative and quantitative UX research projects including meeting with stakeholders, scoping projects, identifying the appropriate methodologies, creating research plans, executing research, synthesize findings into meaningful themes, and writing actionable and impactful reports or presentations.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including surveys, user interviews, and behavioral data mining, and when and how to deploy them to identify insights that impact the product roadmap.
- Lead and deliver research share-outs to cross-functional teams to encourage empathy with and understanding of the Nextdoor user experience and identify clear opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate closely with other mixed methods UX researchers and market researchers.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- B.A./B.S. or Masters in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience conducting research on both desktop and mobile user experiences.
- Experience and interest in research in advertising, digital marketing, and/or business platforms.
- Experience working with key stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs, scope and execute research projects, and communicate analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record of using foundational, formative, and evaluative research methods from a broad range of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods, such as user interviews, ethnographic field research, lab-based or remote usability studies, surveys, moderated group conversations, quantitative analyses, A/B testing.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems.
- Experience leading research projects that have had lasting impact on product and design decisions.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 16 July 2022
- Dun & Bradstreet
- perm, from remote
Product Design Director
Closing 12 July 2022
- perm, from remote
Closing 1 June 2022
- New York (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.