UX Researcher, Ads
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Applied Linguistics or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Master's or PhD degree in any research-oriented discipline or equivalent experience.
- B2B/Enterprise product experience.
- Track record demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of tools/methods of analysis of data within that field.
- Statistical analysis, data scripting, and/or survey design experience.
About the job:
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make this possible.
User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers who care deeply about the people who use our products. We play an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other, engineering, and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for our users and Google’s businesses.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you’ll help your team of UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. Working with stakeholders across functions and levels, you'll have impact at all stages of product development. You’ll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your best work. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and access to internal research tools.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Develop working relationships with Product Management, Engineering, and UX partners to define research needs/opportunities.
- Create research briefs/plans and secure buy-in from all partners for implementation.
- Develop research agendas/programs based on larger initiatives through iterative and varied research projects.
- Participate in and support allyship, psychological safety, and health and well-being initiatives on the team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Want more UX Researcher, Ads jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.