UX/Product Designer - Quote & Payment
Are you a customer-focused designer looking to demonstrate and develop your capabilities in both UX and Visual design?
If you are passionate about developing designs based on the insights of real people and turning these insights into beautifully designed products, we would love to hear from you.
Aviva's Global Digital Products team is looking for a number of expert designers to help shape the future of our product experience. It's a great opportunity to work in one of our forward-thinking digital hubs in either London or Norwich. Aviva built the Digital business in 2014 and opened the first Digital Garage in London in June 2015. We brought people together to build businesses that would enable our ambitions to become a truly digital and tech-focused organisation.
It will be your job to help bring key business initiatives to life, working closely with proposition and product teams. As UX/Product Designer, you'll take ownership for designing the overall functionality of the product and, to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
The team crafts complex, digital products which helps our customers build financial resilience. It's a diverse group who have a wide range of experience in many different sectors.
As a UX Designer/Product Designer, your job will involve a lot of collaboration and partnerships. With Visual Designers, Copywriters, Product Owners and Developers as well as researchers, strategists and customers to understand customer needs. You will also work with Proposition Managers, Customer Experience Managers and colleagues in Legal, Risk and Compliance teams to ensure the products meet the needs of the business.
What will you do in this role?
- Participate in design activities across the entire product lifecycle and product launches with other Designers (content and/or visual) and commercial colleagues to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Apply User Centred Design methods to problem solving throughout the product lifecycle.
- Create necessary design artefacts and deliverables (e.g. wireframes, storyboards, journey maps, flow diagrams, prototypes etc.) to support product launch and development.
- Work in tandem with User Researchers or other Designers to partner with numerous other teams including Products, Proposition, Customer Experience and Optimisation to understand user needs, motivations and behaviour.
- Define and manage performance measures relevant to the product portfolio you are working on.
- Own your work and take responsibility for every detail every step of the way.
- Let users lead the way to inform us on where we are going as a team. Focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide the best solutions.
- Reusing existing in-house design libraries and developing them when necessary.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Proven experience in solving complex customer problems through collaborative design practices.
- Experience with research and testing, including desk research, multi-variate testing, and user testing. Able to work with researchers to define and critique research processes and outcomes.
- An excellent knowledge of how to visualise customer experiences in the form of user journeys, personas, goals, information models and more.
- Ability to produce wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to customers.
- A deep understanding of how to use UX and visual design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills to work with a variety of colleagues at each step of the design process.
- A good comprehension of technology and being able to reframe and challenge technological constraints.
- Autonomous and a self-starter.
- The confidence to seek feedback and challenge both your ideas and those of your team.
Please note, we will only consider applications with a portfolio included.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for friends and family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Recruitment team.
Closing 15 June 2019
- Casual Films
- £30,000 to 40,000 p/a
Closing 12 June 2019
- Depending on Experience
Want more UX/Product Designer - Quote & Payment jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Web Designer jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.