Are you passionate about UX? Are you fascinated by user behaviour? Do you thrive on the challenge of delivering experiences that delight customers, fulfil their needs and beyond? Do you believe user experience should be a key driver of change in a business which delivers real value and commercial benefits? If so, then you’d be joining a team of like-minded people who share your passion and drive.
The User Experience Executive will be part of the UX team, which plays an integral role within the business, constantly looking to improve the customer journey, optimise the user experience and introduce innovations onto the site. We work as part of a wider Ecommerce team including a Visual Merchandising, Trading teams and Web Analytics team to identify key areas for improvement and development.
This role is very proactive, constantly drawing on internal data analysis, competitor research and industry best practice in order to generate ideas that can develop the site and lead to innovation. Our aim is to create an experience that customers find intuitive, engaging and enjoyable to use and as such will want to return to more frequently. We want boohoo to be our customers’ online shopping destination of choice.
Building relationships with all areas of the business and utilising strong communication skills will be crucial in order to deliver changes accurately, in a timely manner and to a high standard. Identifying and involving the key stakeholders for each project will be essential in ensuring requirements are captured and there is a clear understanding of what each change will deliver to the business.
This is a varied role, which requires the continual monitoring of day to day performance so we are able to pinpoint and resolve any user experience issues in a timely manner, whilst also leading your own longer term projects and supporting the UX Manager with bigger business projects that will be crucial in driving the business forward and continuing our phenomenal growth. As such excellent organisation skills, prioritisation and attention to detail will be required to manage your workload effectively.
A wide skill set is needed for this role to ensure we can successfully take the user experience of boohoo to the next level in terms of optimisation, localisation, personalisation and innovative functionality. To do this effectively you will need to be customer centric and truly understand our audience and their behaviours whilst always aligning with business goals and KPI’s.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of UX Execs within the team – Conducting regular catch ups, providing support and feedback to help their development and ensure a high standard of work, delegating and prioritising work within your area of remit.
- Manage and maintain optimisation roadmap.
- Develop and deliver successful user experiences for a responsive site.
- Have an international focus, understanding the nuances of user experience for the fashion sector allowing for effective localisation and optimisation of individual sites on a global scale.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity, industry trends and best practice so new ideas can be integrated into our projects.
- Work with the team to help plan the future direction of user experience for the business and as part of this take the lead on designated projects to develop and deploy the best user experience possible for our customers.
- Ensure relevant inputs are accessed, understood and used at the start of a project e.g. previous testing, analytics, market data, voice of the customer etc.
- Validate user requirements from a technical/feasibility perspective with technical and other business stakeholders.
- Develop, document and own the detail of user requirements by utilising a variety of techniques including user stories, written requirements, wireframes and prototypes.
- Handover the final user solution/spec to the technical team, ensuring level of detail is fit for purpose, fit for the audience and is understood by the audience.
- Document and share any requirements, learnings and development with the wider team.
- Help conduct user-acceptance testing (UAT) against user stories for own projects as well as for wider UX team projects.
What you'll get as a UX Executive:
Competitive salary based on experience
SAYE share buying options.
40% discount on all boohoo group stock.
On site gym.
The opportunity to work in a company that encourages engagement and growth!
The Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all applicants including those with criminal convictions. Basic Disclosure Information about criminal convictions may be requested to assist the selection process and will be taken into account only when the conviction is considered relevant to the position. A copy of this disclosure policy is available on request. By continuing with this application you are agreeing to comply with this company policy.
Closing 1 September 2020
Junior Menswear Designer
Closing 2 August 2020
Want more UX Executive jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.