Torpedo is an award winning creative agency based near Oxford with an impressive list of clients. Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for a talented User Experience Director to join our established digital team.
As a UX Director you will need to be at the top of your game and thoroughly immersed in the importance and benefits of user-centered design from both a theoretical and practical point of view. You will report to the Head of Digital & UX, but have line management responsibility for the UX team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Leading, motivating and mentoring a team of UX specialists.
- Helping to grow the skills and capabilities of Torpedo’s UX Consultancy offering.
- Working on all sizes of project to ensure user centered design principles and methodology are consistently applied.
- Analysing target audiences, user behaviours, key metrics, and functional specifications to execute user-friendly, goal-oriented solutions.
- Working with clients to understand their business models and goals, and presenting deliverables to both internal teams, clients and stakeholder groups.
- Conducting stakeholder meetings to unify thinking and present key deliverables.
- Organising information by creating wireframes, sitemaps, work-flows, content inventories, specification documents, user scenarios and prototypes, along with thorough documentation and annotations of UI control behaviour.
- Defining user-interface design, navigation, structure, and hierarchy to serve as a blueprint for all web experiences including mobile and responsive.
- Defining the most effective nomenclature, taxonomy classes and calls-to-action for user interfaces and navigational elements.
- Designing and conducting user experience tests, usability testing and focus groups and reporting/presenting outcomes and recommendations to both clients and internal teams.
- Analysing site data to improve user experience post launch.
- Committed to staying at the forefront of IA/UX/UI and continually improving the processes as well as helping to educate the internal teams.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years commercial experience of information architecture, user centered design and user testing working on medium to large, complex websites and mobile applications.
- Expertise in prototyping and mockup tools such as Moqups, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq and InDesign to deliver UI wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, data modeling and prototypes of varying fidelity.
- Extensive expertise in user experience design processes, techniques and methodologies.
- Expertise in implementing various user research and analysis techniques including; ethnographic research, personas and usage scenarios, user journeys.
- Expertise in planning, conducting and documenting heuristics evaluations and user testing.
- Expertise in human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to digital platforms.
- Experience of analysing and interpretating site analytics.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times.
- Management experience of leading a team of specialists.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and organisational skills.
- The ability to think clearly and remain calm and effective in high-pressure situations.
- Previous digital agency experience preferred, but not essential.
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
Creative Lead - eCommerce - £55-85K
Closing 2 January 2020
- £55,000 to 85,000 p/a
Creative Designer – Middleweight
Closing 28 December 2019
- Havas Life Medicom
- Thames Ditton
Want more UX Director jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Director jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.