We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead:
We’re looking for a UX Director who can partner with our Design and studio teams to create an amazing player user experience.
What a UX Director does at Criterion:
At Criterion we are passionate about UX, we are always learning and have evolved some good practice over the years. We are now looking for an expert in industry best practice to join and collaborate with us. The UX Director role is a new position within our studio and will be responsible for setting our UX strategy and guiding the team to execute. We are looking for a candidate who is willing to embrace the challenge of applying UX principles beyond the normal remit of UI with the desired outcome that the challenge players encounter with our experiences is aligned with our design intent.
You will report into the Studio Design Director working to define the Experience Design vision for the product in close collaborations with game designers/producers, art directors, UX designers, UI designers, UI engineers and other partners.
A UX Director also needs:
- Set the Experience Design vision and strategy for the product.
- Build and lead a small team of UX designers.
- Collaborate with partners to set design priorities and find solutions that balance player, business and technical constraints/requirements.
- Lead, Inspire, Mentor and Develop others on the design team in UX/user centered design principles and methodologies.
- Proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as demonstrable knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Interest in games and in applying their expertise to games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great compensation packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme.
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station).
- Private medical insurance & dental care.
- Pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Stock plans.
- Free onsite gym.
- Employee discounts.
- Rail season ticket loan.
- Annual game points and digital download allowance.
- Onsite café.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year).
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas).
- Casual dress code.
- Games Area.
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Senior UI Technical Artist
Closing 9 September 2020
- Electronic Arts
Closing 28 September 2020
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more UX Director jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.