UX Director for Digitas
The creative department is the heart of the agency. A place where our diverse crew of designers, makers, writers and doers come together to make great ideas happen. We are curious, collaborative and confident – delivering beautiful work that goes above and beyond our client’s expectations. Data is at the core of much of what we do, and we use this to guide our thinking, and help transform our clients businesses.
Our UX Directors provide expert UX design oversight on accounts. The role will see you getting involved in concepts and strategy as well as scoping and planning. You will also play a key role in supporting the Exec Creative Directors on hiring, training and developing others.
Craft - At Digitas we combine a deep understanding of brand, user-centred design techniques and storytelling. We’ll give you the opportunity to enjoy hands-on involvement in ideation, research, sketching, high and low fidelity prototyping and testing. You’ll get to play a vital role in planning and mapping customer journeys across whole ecosystems and touchpoints, helping to define and optimize the experience. We want to push the boundaries and create great, long lasting experiences where brand and customer needs meet.
Leadership - You will have the opportunity to lead and work across multiple projects and develop multi-channel, multi-device experiences. As UX Director you will have a key leadership role on accounts overseeing, motivating and challenging a small team of designers, helping to scope and manage projects to be delivered to deadlines. You’ll also be responsible for contributing to and promoting good UX design practice in the wider studio through your own work and mentoring others.
Client Management - The UX Director plays an important role leading client stakeholders through the process of transforming their service. Working closely with senior colleagues in client services and strategy, you will help visualise and present complex UX strategies and concepts in a clear, engaging way. You will also be central to growing accounts and helping to identify further opportunities to enhance the customer experience both on tactical projects and strategically across services.
Collaboration – it is central to our way of working. As UX Director you will be responsible for creating an environment which is open and allows ideas to flourish. To help identify and blend a range of skills to deliver cutting edge UX work. You'll work closely with client stakeholders to ensure their point of view is heard and incorporated in work.
Skills & Experience
- As a UX Director it's essential that you bring proven experience in a design leadership role. You should also have experience helping to define the ‘what?’ and the ‘why?’
- You’ll be comfortable planning, researching and executing UX work across multiple projects. You should be confident leading teams and have commercial acumen. You should be excited by the prospect of helping us to identify, pitch for and win new business opportunities.
- You are an expert when it comes to delivering end-to-end multi-channel experiences including strategy and discovery stages, information architecture, site mapping and interaction design through to final product.
- You'll be a passionate designer first and foremost so you should relish the fact that you'll have hands-on involvement creating and executing as well as ideating and concepts.
- Your application should include a portfolio showing a diverse range of UX design projects including for mobile devices. Your work and thinking should show obsession with craft, empathy for the user, affinity with and consideration of brand and how to tell a story.You should also show experience of designing services or interconnected experiences and be familiar with a wide range of UX design and UX research tools and techniques.
- You’ll have exceptional interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ll thrive in an agile team environment but be someone that can work autonomously and be versatile as the situation demands.
- Ideally applicants will have studied to degree level in any creative or design related field.
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UI/Product Designer (Junior-Midweight)
Closing 14 March 2019
UX Designer for Paws
Closing 21 February 2019
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.