UX Director - Venmo
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The UX Director - Venmo, will architect and execute on strategies that translate user needs and business goals into intuitive, memorable experiences for millions of Venmo customers. This leader will orchestrate designs at scale across matrixed, geographically distributed teams, partnering across functions to deliver superior experiences across multiple channels. He or she will find and develop the world’s best design talent, helping to ensure a world-class, high-performing design organization. The UX Director - Venmo will work in the User Experience Design (UED) group within PayPal’s Global Product and Engineering organization. The position is based in San Francisco, but the team is also distributed across several locations, including San Jose, Chicago and New York. At Venmo, design teams work collaboratively and in a lean/agile mode with product management, engineering, program management, content and localization and product marketing. The successful candidate will lead a team that has passion for designing intuitive applications using iterative and quick prototyping techniques that can be evaluated with end users.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and Design Leadership to create and align a product strategy that supports our Consumer’s needs, and delivers on the value of the brand and business goals.
- Orchestrate and help deliver superior, superbly crafted product experiences at scale.
- Set and achieve world-class design standards and associated business results.
- Oversee and guide rapid, iterative conceptual design for Venmo products.
- Recruit/coach/mentor world-class designers.
- Conduct regular design reviews, elevating designs to world-class standards.
- Participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, concepting and definition, prototyping, UI design and testing.
- Define, share and communicate design and product artifacts to ensure product excellence, leading and shaping the team and deliverables.
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams and advocate for consumer centered design practices.
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and practices with the goal of establishing a strong design culture.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in User Experience Design or User Interface Design Management.
- Experience establishing, leading, and inspiring highly talented and productive user experience teams.
- Executive presence with a smooth, dynamic presentation style.
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results.
- Passion and experience working with engineering, product and marketing teams.
- Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development utilizing Lean UX methods.
- Knowledge of current UX Design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms.
- Deep understanding of Web 2.0 and mobile technologies, CSS3, HTML5 and responsive web design.
- Establishment and measurement of customer facing metrics such as competitive analysis, product satisfaction, NPS, usability efficiency and ease of use.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us.
Product Designer - Future Media
Closing 19 November 2019
- New York
Product Designer - Future Media
Closing 19 November 2019
Want more UX Director - Venmo jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.