Explore the human side of data.
With over 10,000 resources at our disposal, we provide indispensable industry information for the HR sector across the UK, the US and the Netherlands. We empower organizations to make the right decisions around their people. At the same time, we’re creating an inclusive, people-focused environment of our own. A culture where individuals with ambition, curiosity and ideas can make an impact. Where you can think big, aim high and explore more.
XpertHR is looking for an experienced mid-level UX Designer within our Data Services Group, supporting the development of various products and product enhancements, powered by our new Data & Analytics Hub. You will work closely with the two active development squads within Data Services, defining the user interactions and journeys for those products in consultation with the Product Managers and Technologists.
You will own and execute part of the design strategy for a business or product line. You will be seen as a critical stakeholder for the design of new products. This role will form part of the wider XpertHR UX team, who own UX design across the portfolio.
- Works collaboratively with research to help identify opportunities to better understand customer’s needs.
- Understands how his/her role impacts customer satisfaction.
- Analyses and interprets what is happening in the market, driven by the latest news/incidents, particularly competitive announcements and events.
- Can work proactively with technology, product and other key stakeholders to come up with new and creative ideas.
- Can generate new ideas by analysing product data for insights.
- Proposes solutions when faced with a new design challenge.
- Seeks new ideas from other internal stakeholders.
- Define user experience concepts and components for the product or project using tools such as wireframes, prototypes, and process flow diagrams.
- Works with UX Researcher to understand the user needs.
- Collaborate on when to execute usability testing for applicable projects.
- Deliver established UCD solutions/processes.
- Good interaction design skills and attention to detail.
- Introduces new design patterns and style guides.
- Can clearly articulate design rationale and concepts.
- Proactively uses data to establish key metrics for projects.
- Explores data from analytics packages, customer insight or other sources to understand context of research work.
- Identifies gaps where data is needed.
- Regularly tests design work with users in partnership with UX Research team.
- Iterates research methods based on testing and data analysis.
- Has a very good knowledge of the tech stack (.Net/C#) of the organisation and any limitations/opportunities this presents.
- Understands the nuances of designing for different platforms.
- Uses design software (Axure, Sketch, Invision) to intermediate level.
- Builds good working relationships with tech teams.
- Uses relevant tools for communicating designs to developers.
- Experience designing data/analytics tools would be an advantage.
What’s it like to work here?
Outstanding - you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what’s really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology.
- Women’s network forum.
- Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
Lead UI Artist
Closing 25 October 2020
- Electronic Arts
Senior UI Technical Artist
Closing 10 November 2020
- Electronic Arts
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.