At Microsoft, we believe that great people are at the heart of building transformative products that improve our customers' lives in fundamental ways. Our mission is to empower every individual and organization on the planet to achieve more, so if you're excited to partner with a highly motivated group of people that helps realize this mission, we'd love to hear from you.
The Microsoft Mobile & X-Device Experiences team is responsible for defining how people's digital lives work seamlessly across all the devices they own and love. Our studios are large, modern, open spaces where designers, researchers and managers work in an inclusive atmosphere to collaboratively craft experiences that integrate software, hardware, content, and services. You'll help drive the evolution of a product that spans across multiple device categories and will be a key stakeholder in conceptualizing the strategic design direction for the domain.
- A degree in Human-Centered Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or similar fields.
- 2+ years’ experience with a focus on designing engaging and delightful experiences across a variety of platforms including web, PC and mobile platforms like Android & iOS.
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your experience as well as showcases your presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and collaborate with key stakeholders across PM, engineering, User Research, as well as Business and Marketing.
- Demonstrated breadth across IA, usability, interaction and visual design.
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artefacts.
- Proficiency with common design and presentation tools.
- A relentless drive for quality with an eye for craftsmanship.
- Be an advocate for the user and help determine the right tradeoffs that uphold the integrity of the customer experience.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and grow quickly.
- First-hand experience with design experimentation and the ability to leverage data to inform design decisions.
- Experience in creating, managing, or contributing to design frameworks or UI libraries.
- Top-notch skills in any of the following: illustration, animation, motion-design, or front-end development.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Lead Product Designer, Ads Experience
Closing 4 January 2020
- San Francisco
Art Director/Social Content Designer
Closing 4 January 2020
- IBM Design
- New York
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Project Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.