As our UX Designer (Manager grade), you're main purpose is to:
- Create leading digital experiences for customers in the insurance sector, using research and insight to deliver exceptional journeys, applying best in class principles for design and use of technologies.
- Act as the authority in design of exceptional user journeys.
- Demonstrate strong experience in your field and be willing to share knowledge and collaborate across business teams.
- Continue to develop knowledge of latest technologies and innovation in design.
- Are involved from the outset to design best digital solutions and work with development teams using an agile approach.
- Work with minimal level of direction to deliver the most appropriate outcome for the customer.
Activities will include but not limited to:
- Extend knowledge and experience across teams to support with design thinking.
- Design and creation of best in class digital experiences and journeys.
- Ongoing journey optimisation and continual improvements introduced for customers.
- Design and development of new concepts and introduction of new digital capabilities to ensure a fully optimised end to end digital experience for customers.
- Be an authority in latest design practice and digital innovation, understanding hand held device/web techniques & production.
What will it take to be successful?
- Experience of developing journeys from a customer first view, using UX insight & research.
- Strong creative and visual skills; the ability to clearly articulate thinking, drawing on strong interpersonal skillls.
- Experience of designing, laying out and creating form based web pages in both eCommerce & Online Servicing arena.
- Use of appropriate optimisation tools: Prototyping and UX | HTML, CSS and Jquery | Photoshop & Sketch | Adobe Creative products.
- Innovative and highly organised.
- Experience of Test-Driven Development.
Whilst we believe these to be preferred skillsets and abilities, we welcome applications from candidates who believe they have transferable skills for consideration. We will continue to review and progress the most suitable applicants throughout the process.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.