We are looking for a User Experience architect with a proven track record for creating and delivering exceptional digital solutions across a range of brands and industries. Your role will be to work closely within our UX team, Client Services and Development teams to drive the creation and production of digital projects. You will have a relentless desire to deliver great, frictionless experiences that exceed client expectations and make the end user experience delightful.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Working on all sizes of project to ensure user centered design principles and methodology are consistently applied.
- Working strategically with both clients and account teams to understand the clients business models and goals and guiding them, based on insights from user research that you will conduct, on the most appropriate solutions to meet those goals.
- Using data to improve user experience on an ongoing basis and guiding clients on appropriate ways to measure KPIs.
- Working within the UX team and broader Torpedo team to design and execute the UCD process from start to finish including, analysing target audiences, user behaviours, key metrics, and functional specifications to execute user-friendly and goal-oriented solutions.
- Collaborating with clients and content strategists to organise information by creating sitemaps, work-flows, content inventories, wireframes, user scenarios, and interactive prototypes, to communicate proposed approach to internal and external stakeholders and to test with users.
- Whilst you will keep UX at the core of your work, you will also be responsible for defining user-interface design, navigation, structure and hierarchy to serve as a blueprint for all web experiences including mobile and responsive design. As such, you will need to design user interfaces as part of this role.
- Collaborating closely with our development team at all stages of the process, be responsible for the visual and functional aspects of our deliverables, and also support them to set expectations on how components should work.
- Creation of design patterns, modular UX principles and interaction design.
- Conducting UX/UI design focused research and creation of presentation materials.
- Leading or supporting in designing and running UX workshops.
- Helping the UX department to define and set new processes and procedures to constantly improve our UX offering, and actively contribute to the development process of all our activities.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and budget, and be proactive in supporting our internal teams, and finding solutions to meet these goals.
- At least 3 years commercial experience of user experience working on medium to large, complex websites and mobile applications.
- Expertise to deliver, sitemaps, user journeys, wireframes, data modelling and prototypes of varying fidelity.
- Expertise in creating engaging user interface designs and interactions using tools such as Figma, XD, and ProtoPie.
- Expertise in UX principles and methodologies, for example heuristic evaluation, content strategy, user journey mapping and developing acceptance criteria.
- A confident communicator with good presentation and organisational skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire diverse internal and external project teams.
- Expertise in user experience design processes and methodologies, may include but not limited to all aspect of the research phase, co-creation workshops, and usability testing.
- Experience with human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to digital platforms.
Other desirable skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of accessibility.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though – we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Bupa health insurance.
- Bupa dental insurance.
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day.
- Annual Torpedo Awards.
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- Charging points if you drive electric.
- Covered bike shed.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists.
Other jobs you may be interested in
App Product Designer – UI / UX – Messaging Apps for Critical Services
Closing 23 January 2022
Closing 26 January 2022
- RSA Group
Designer (12 month FTC)
Closing 23 January 2022
- next level Recruitment
- Chipping Norton
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £30,000 to 36,000 per annum
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.