We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
“Join our design team at Sky, where we're on a mission to create world-class commerce and service experiences for our streaming platforms NOW and Peacock. We solve complex challenges to make our customers' lives easier and get them closer to the content they love, in innovative ways.
If you're a talented and curious Designer who wants to shape the way millions of customers use our products, then we want you to join our growing team. Come and be a part of something big, exciting, and impactful!”
What you'll do:
- Day-to-day UX design across a range of digital products and services for NOW and Peacock.
- Collaborate with UI Designers in gathering business requirements and translating them into exceptional user experiences for our customers.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices in UX design and research and share knowledge and insights with the team.
- Assist the Lead UX Designer in developing and maintaining a high quality of design output, standards, and guidelines.
What you'll bring:
- Experience as a UX Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing your knowledge and practice.
- Willingness to have bold ideas, be a key team player and breathe positivity into our team and it’s culture.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate design decisions and solutions to stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including designers, developers, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Experience with UX deliverables such as customer journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite.
Group Technology Digital Transformation:
Want to create a smooth and uninterrupted digital experience for millions of customers? Then our Group Technology Digital Transformation is the team for you. Agile, collaborative, data-driven and diverse, our team works on brilliant products like NOW and Peacock. That’s not even the best part. We get to build our own software and our work has a global stage. Our team also delivers exceptional customer experiences and defines digital first propositions in customer journeys across all channels.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work:
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between outstanding office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you:
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX/UI Designer - Mobile App
Closing 26 March 2023
- TUI Group
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Director - User Experience
Closing 14 May 2023
- Moody's Corporation
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.