If you are enthusiastic about developing designs based on the insights of real people and turning this information into beautifully designed products, we would love to hear from you.
Aviva's Global Digital Products team is looking for a UX Designer to help shape the future of our product experience. It's a phenomenal opportunity to work in our forward-thinking digital hub in Norwich. The team crafts complex, digital products which helps our customers build financial resilience. It's a diverse group with bags of experience from many different sectors.
It will be your job to help bring key business initiatives to life, working closely with proposition and product teams. You'll take ownership for designing the overall functionality of the product and, to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
This job will involve a lot of collaboration and partnerships with Visual Designers, Copywriters, Product Owners and Developers as well as researchers, strategists and customers to understand customer needs. So communication skills, analytical thinking, collaboration, empathy and research should all be part of your DNA. If attention to detail is as important to you as creativity, we want to know about it!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in design activities across the product life cycle and product launches with other designers and commercial colleagues to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Apply User Centred Design methods to problem solving.
- Create necessary design artefacts and deliverables (e.g. wireframe, storyboard, journeyman, flow diagram, prototype, etc.) to support product launch and development.
- Work in tandem with User Researchers or other designers to partner with numerous teams including Products, Proposition, Customer Experience and Optimisation to understand user needs, motivations and behaviour.
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to provide details about your design concepts.
- Define and manage performance measures relevant to the product portfolio you are working on.
- Own your work and take responsibility for every detail every step of the way.
- Reusing existing in-house design libraries and developing them when necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in solving complex customer problems through collaborative design practices.
- Experience with research and testing, including desk research, multi-variate testing, and user testing. Able to work with researchers to define and critique research processes and outcomes.
- An excellent knowledge of how to visualise customer experiences in the form of user journeys, personas, goals, information models and more.
- Ability to produce wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to customers.
- A deep understanding of how to use UX and visual design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- A love of learning and dedication to making things better by improving your understanding of them.
- The confidence to seek feedback and challenge both your ideas and those of your team.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £58,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for friends and family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees:
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button.
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free!
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team.
Associate Researcher: Designer
Closing 25 September 2019
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.