As a Barclays (UX) Designer you will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, UI designers, UX researchers and UX copywriters. We are a growing team looking for an ambitious and talented (UX) Designer to help craft first-class online experiences for our customers, across Barclays and Barclaycard business and international digital channels.
(Remote working with Northampton as base as required).
What will you be doing?
• Executing the User Centred Design (UCD) process from start to finish including the delivery of user journeys, sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
• You will participate in and run workshops/walkthrough sessions following methodologies such as design sprints, jobs to be done, design thinking methods.
• You will be proactive in solving problems effectively, using multiple sources of factual information.
• Working through complex problems and resolve to an appropriate solution.
• Ensuring all outputs adhere to all relevant policies and standards.
• Gathering in-depth insights into user’s needs, motivations and organise content and information across our digital services and products to deliver a positive user experience.
• You will constantly push for a customer-centric approach whilst delivering on required business objectives.
What we’re looking for:
• You have a solid understanding of the UX process, (UCD) and design thinking methodology and have demonstrable experience designing for web and/or mobile.
• You are proficient in UX software such as Axure, Adobe XD and Sketch.
• You have the ability to create flows, low-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, information architecture and taxonomies.
• You have the ability to translate a combination of business requirements, user needs and technical requirements into engaging designs.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• You understand project delivery methodologies including Agile.
• You can design accessible and inclusive interfaces for a range of audiences.
• You have experience working in the financial sector.
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Designer - Home - Textiles
Closing 30 October 2020
Player Communications Specialist
Closing 27 December 2020
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.