As a Barclays UX Designer, you will be joining a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of UX and UI Designers, Researchers and Copywriters. With the customer voice at the heart of everything you do, you’ll help craft first-class online experiences for our customers across Barclays, Barclaycard and our international digital channels. Utilising your expertise of UX processes and design, you’ll take the lead on executing the end-to-end User Centred Design (UCD) process.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Executing the UCD process from start to finish including the delivery of user journeys, sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
• Participating in and running workshops/walkthrough sessions following methodologies such as design sprints, jobs to be done, design thinking methods.
• You will be proactive in solving problems effectively, using multiple sources of factual information.
• Working through complex problems and resolve to an appropriate solution.
• Ensuring all outputs adhere to all relevant policies and standards.
• Gathering in-depth insights into user’s needs, motivations and organise content and information across our digital services and products to deliver a positive user experience.
• You will constantly push for a customer-centric approach whilst delivering on required business objectives.
What we’re looking for:
• An excellent understanding of the UX process, UCD and design thinking methodology, alongside demonstrable experience designing for web and/or mobile.
• Proficient in UX software such as Axure, Adobe XD and Sketch.
• The ability to create flows, low-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, information architecture and taxonomies.
• The ability to translate a combination of business requirements, user needs and technical requirements into engaging designs.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• An understanding of project delivery methodologies, including Agile.
• The ability to design accessible and inclusive interfaces for a range of audiences.
• Experience working in the financial sector.
Where will you be working?
This opportunity is open to remote working across the UK. You can be home based, or work in either our Northampton or Manchester office.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Senior Digital Creative Designer
Closing 1 January 2021
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- West Midlands
- £35,000 to 50,000 per annum
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 23 January 2021
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.