Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to help shape the user experience design for Macy’s.com, Macy’s app, and Macy’s retail stores. The UX Designer helps to realize Macy’s strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
• Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
• Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups based on business goals and user research.
• Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system.
• Regular, dependable attendance, and punctuality.
80% Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel.
10% Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity.
5% Strategic thinking, developing POVs and UX design vision.
5% Personal development.
• Design contributor, tireless advocate of the customer, influence on project implementation.
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
• Minimum 2 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; knowledgeable of user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents. Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the organization.
• Negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
• Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that demonstrates design solutions for complex problems.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Solid design and collaboration skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual UX design skills.
• Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
• Ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
• Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Visual UX Designer
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
- Santa Clara
2020 Summer Intern: UX Design, Customer Experience
Closing 18 March 2020
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.