As a Barclays UX Designer, you will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, UI designers, UX researchers and UX copywriters. We are a growing team looking for an ambitious and talented UX Designer to help craft first-class online experiences for our customers, across Barclays and Barclaycard business and international digital channels.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Pushing for a customer -centric approach whilst delivering on required business objectives
• Leading and executing the UCD process from start to finish including the delivery of personas and user journeys
• Identifying and implementing process improvements within the team
• Facilitating and leading workshops, presentations and walkthrough sessions as required to explore business requirements
• Ensuring all outputs adhere to all relevant policies and standards e.g. channel, accessibility, brand, design language
• Gathering in-depth insights into user’s needs and motivations and organise content and information across our digital products to deliver a positive experience
• Working closely with stakeholders and product owners to explore and understand their business outcomes and produce concepts and designs
• Delivering designs for digital experiences, focused on user needs, for delivery within agreed quality, time and cost constraints
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in a UX Design role with experience of designing for digital products and for complex systems across web experiences and/or mobile applications
• Clear and articulate language skills and written communication abilities
• Academic background or professional qualification in a related field, or equivalent professional experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working in an agile environment
• An understanding of methods and software (Rally/AGILE Central, JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience working in the financial sector and/or agency experience
• Understanding of accessibility best-practise for digital products and services
Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone’s throw away from the office.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX UI Designer
Closing 17 January 2022
UX Design Lead - Digital Transactions
Closing 4 January 2022
- Auto Trader
- £63,000 to 77,000 per annum
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 4 December 2021
- Auto Trader
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.