Discovery Networks is a TV house with a wide spectrum of channels, exciting programs and popular profiles. As content creators in the digital space, Discovery Digital Media continuously leverages our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Dplay is a streaming service with both an SVOD (subscription video on demand) and AVOD (advertising video on demand) proposition. Part of Discovery Networks, Dplay gathers the best content from a local country - and the world's - largest TV channels, including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport. It means world-class content, from breath taking entertainment to gripping documentaries.
The Dplay team have an exciting new opportunity for a UX Designer from a product driven background, who is able to come up with fresh ideas and not be afraid to showcase them.
- Contribute to user experience design projects across a full range of online platforms and brands, while ensuring products/ services embrace the values of their audience and the needs of the business.
- Execute experience design solutions for responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
- Utilise User Centred Design to identify opportunities and their solutions. Communicating progress and design intent to colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Use research and data to design products that meet both user and business needs, while evolving experiences to reflect user trends and emerging technologies.
- Validation products and features with the users, ensuring experiences are useful and usable by the broadest of audiences.
- Work with the UX&D team, Product and Engineering colleagues to define requirements and deliver innovative solutions through a User Centred Design approach.
- Contribute to experience design output being viewed as a leading innovator by the media industry and international audiences.
- Ensure the design output is scalable and can support the breadth of online products and brands.
- 3+ years of experience in a User Experience (UX) Design role.
- Demonstrable experience in User Centred Design.
- Portfolio (website, pdf, etc) of UX-focused work; demonstrating process as well as outcomes and including samples for web, mobile applications, etc.
- Experience with UX Design, Documentation & Prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Confluence, invision, etc).
- Ability to produce user journeys, flow diagrams, wireframes, sitemaps, functional specifications, guidelines and client facing documentation.
- Experience of designing Video On Demand/ OTT services or working in a digital media/broadcast company.
- Experience working with (or on) Design Systems.
- Good analytical skills, experience with data-driven design and working closely with UX Researchers.
- Experienced in applying A/B and Multivariate testing.
- Knowledge and experience of information architecture.
- An understanding of how audiences interact with services across responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
- Experience working in the context of a multinational business.
- Experience applying UCD processes in the development of a product for web browser, mobile app and connected TVs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to present concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues and team members.
- A passionate and proactive approach, constantly striving to speak for user value and create the best possible user experience.
To apply please respond by submitting your CV, as well as your UX Portfolio that includes case studies evidencing the above points.
UX Designer - Part Time Considered
Closing 23 November 2020
- perm, part time
eCommerce Digital Designer
Closing 1 October 2020
- £Competitive salary plus benefits
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.