Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a UX Designer to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with the weird and wonderful games across every platform.
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
As a UX designer you will be responsible for the design of original and beautiful user-interfaces to ensure players have the information they need at precisely the right time.
- Contribute to concepts and pitches.
- Troubleshoot live products and design enhancements to reduce friction for users.
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical and logistical issues with UI.
- Drive UX excellence for the games we develop.
- Lead UX meetings and workshops to capture business requirements.
- Facilitate focus groups to determine player needs.
- Undertake competitor UX research, heuristic evaluations on internal and competitor UX, expert UX reviews and audits.
- Create personas, user journeys and experience maps
- Translate design documents and/or creative conversations into UX actions.
- Design information architecture, site maps, app maps etc.
- Propose a range of creative conceptual ideas for UX.
- Create sketches and storyboards to visualise UX solutions.
- Execute detailed wireframes and create prototypes.
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to translate UX designs into wonderful experiences.
Our ideal candidate will have advanced skills in design software such as Photoshop & Illustrator as well as a strong portfolio of User Interface and Application designs (ideally for mobile or console games).
- Prior experience working on mobile game titles.
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles.
- Creative leader with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality.
- Experience with creating and delivering user experience projects.
- Experience contributing to proposals in ideation and concept design.
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools.
- Experience in prototyping tools.
- A proactive, can-do attitude An enthusiastic and demonstrable understanding of the science of User Experience and User Centred Design.
- Well versed in user experience methodologies and their applications.
- An understanding of visual syntax - colour, shape, placement, motion, behaviours, etc.
- An understanding of mobile gaming challenges and can identify best-in-class UX examples.
- Ability to articulate the work - verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
Senior Business Analyst (Solution Designer)
Closing 25 November 2020
- Manchester and Newcastle
Senior Content Designer
Closing 25 November 2020
- Newcastle and Manchester
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.