Do you love collaborating with technical experts to solve complex problems for customers?
We are currently seeking a curious and empathic UX Designer with a demonstrable history of bringing design thinking insight to deliver compelling user experiences.
The role sits within the Product organization responsible for the content production and customer experience driving the world's most trusted news organization, Reuters News.
As a UX Designer you will work in an agile environment as part of a global cross-functional team including engineering and product owners, as well as users and senior stakeholders across the business.
Your primary role will be to understand user needs and build user-centered design workflows, prototypes and associated deliverables for our assets across our product portfolio, focusing on key Content Production tools powering the global newsroom, the new Reuters site, and our core B2B customer products.
About the role:
As a UX Designer you will:
- Work with a global multi-disciplinary team. Partner closely with engineering, product and the business to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- With support of the wider Reuters Product and Engineering teams, consider the wider customer and colleague experiences across the digital ecosystem to ensure we are designing a joined-up experience.
- Deliver design prototypes to convince stakeholders and business partners. Solve problems collaboratively and present solutions that delight our users.
- Leverage a range of inputs, including interaction, brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed and logical solutions.
- Test and evolve your proposed designs with customers and colleagues using a range of user research tools and techniques.
- Be able to clearly communicate your ideas and rationale to stakeholders and product teams alike.
- Create user-centric, accessible user experience principles, patterns and components for the digital design system underpinning our new Content Production systems.
- Develop and maintain the Design System for the appropriate design medium (currently Figma and Storybook) and keep all documentation up to date.
To be considered for the role of a UX Designer, you will have:
- Several years of experience designing or prototyping at B2C and B2B-focused tech or media companies.
- First-rate UX skills on both desktop and web digital products.
- Excellent knowledge of user-research and user/usability testing techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with using design tools such as Figma, Storybook and other similar prototyping tools.
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to think ‘outside-the-box’.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a range of local and international stakeholders.
- A fair understanding of motion design principles.
- A strong grasp of HTML/CSS, SCSS and other front-end frameworks.
- Familiarity of Angular Material and/or Material Design Principles.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 9 February 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Closing 4 April 2023
Designer - Homeware
Closing 5 April 2023
- N Brown Group plc
£Competitive + Benefits
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.