The Bond & Specialty Insurance IT organization seeks a talented UX Designer to join our Claim ART (Agile Release Train). You will work on the Design Team to support our Agile Feature Teams, following Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) principles, and will be responsible for assisting in the discovery, design, validation, and design support of Bond Claim applications. This position offers a broad range of career progression. Take the next step up in your career path with this excellent opportunity!
You are a talented User Experience Designer with an in-depth knowledge of user experience design processes and methodology. You are passionate about design and stay up to date on human-centered design practices and emerging technologies. You enjoy working as a part of a team in a collaborative environment.
As a member of the Claim ART Design Team, you will work collaboratively with our Feature Teams under limited supervision to design, validate, and implement solutions. You will have the autonomy to experiment in the spirit of Agile and Lean - do what works, try new things, and stop doing what doesn’t work. Join us to constantly challenge yourself to learn as our design process evolves.
We incorporate Lean UX and Pivotal Discovery and Framing techniques to enable iterative, user-centric development. We are currently building the foundation of a world-class design team to support our Lean/Agile feature teams.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the User Experience for one or more Bond Claim solutions and create delightful experiences for our users.
- Participate as a contributor in interdisciplinary SAFe Agile Feature Teams to identify and execute the right research and design activities that frame design problems and prioritize and analyze solutions.
- Create design artifacts including sketches, wireframes, journey maps, high-fidelity comps, design prototypes, personas, and design specifications that describe the intended experience to stakeholders.
- Work closely with our internal users to identify their goals, challenges and pain points.
- Create research plans, determine best methods, create research materials, recruit and conduct user testing and interviews, measure response, gather new insights and recommend direction based on iterative feedback.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test prototypes for usability issues.
- Based on test results, Iterate your designs and prototypes ahead of and during development then follow though beyond delivery.
- Frame your work with a clear understanding and articulation of human needs, goals, attitudes, behaviors and intended business outcomes.
- Lead workshops and exercises to create stakeholder alignment, build understanding of and empathy for users, and clarify desired outcomes.
- Communicate confidently and effectively about designs with others across the organization, including executives.
- Develop your skills through training courses, mentoring, and daily interactions with clients.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 1 year of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Typical incumbent experience level 0-2 years (including prior internship experience).
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Strong communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills. Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies. Experience with wireframing / prototyping software preferred. Familiarity with conducting end user interviews.
Environmental/Work Schedules/Other Work Schedules
Weekend work hours (Occasionally) Other Travel (Occasionally)
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously) Driving (Occasionally)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.