As a Barclays UX Designer, you will be an integral part of Enterprise Data Tools & Insights Team, working with leadership and fellow team members (both offshore and onshore) and delivering to meet specifications and timelines. You will work alongside UX/UI Designer and DevOps/Cloud engineers and Business Analysts to deliver innovative, high quality, solutions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs.
Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve.
Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you’ll be doing?
• You will be quality checking across various programmes of work and delivering this in a timely manner
• Presenting ideas and designs to colleagues and adapting work based on reviews and direct feedback
• Participating and providing feedback in code reviews
• Developing innovative solutions that will enhance the client experience and providing cost-effective solutions
• Developing fellow team members through mentoring and code review
• Working within a large & multidisciplinary team and coordinating and communicating with colleagues effectively
• Dealing with complex technical problems and making sound decisions and using independent judgment
What we’re looking for:
• University degree in an Engineering, mathematical or computer science discipline with experience of application client and server development in the web and/or mobile domain
• Test experience with some form of unit testing and proven ability to take ownership of tasks - ability to monitor/ report progress and deliver to completion
• Ability to demonstrate previous evidence of drive, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm while operating in an Agile delivery environment with good logical reasoning
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Development experience for hosting on cloud platforms such as AWS
• Experience with REST and RDBMS (SQL Sever, Oracle SQL) and compatible ORMs e.g. hibernate/GROM
• Experience with Jest and Cypress, along familiarity in Selenium Webdriver, JUnit, Spock, Mockito, TypeScript, Java, .Net, Groovy and Scala
• Knowledge of tools like GIT, VSCode/ IntelliJ, SQLWorkbench, SonarQube, Jenkins/TeamCity, Docker/Kubernetes, OpenShift, NodeJS, Web driver/Cypress & Angular
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 January 2023
- perm, remote
£38,000 to 40,000 per annum
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Closing 29 January 2023
£Competitive plus benefits
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.